Monday, January 10, 2011

We love our Gwankets!



I have to admit, I show a little favoritism when it comes to the little gifts that arrive on our doorstep....and I don't mean the sweet little boys, I mean presents! There is one special gift that I anticipate with great excitement each time we are expecting a new little bundle of joy. That special gift is a blanket that Great Aunt D crochets for her newest great nephew, and maybe someday she will get to work with some PINK! God has to know we are running out of boy names and yarn colors, right?!

Corban LOVES his "blue gwanket" He asks for it every night and has daddy cover him up first with it, and then layers on 2-3 more blankets, but blue blanket has to be down first!

Clayt...well he's another whole story, he's not even still enough to cover him up for more than 2 seconds. He likes to dive into his bed, stand up for a kiss and to pray then run in circles laughing then flop down in his bead again as we lean over to give one more goodnight kiss...all I can say is its a good thing he's still in a packNplay bed, or he'd be dive-bombing his way to the floor, he's one crazy fellow...but he loves to hold his blanket and cuddle it, just hasn't quite mastered the art of "covers" Thank God for warm Pajamas!

With this last one, I think Aunt D has outdone herself! Of course Wyatt isn't quite old enough to appreciate his blanket...but Mama sure is and it just happens to be big enough for Mama to share!!! It is such a work of art and has so many different fancy patterns and I just love the buttery yellow color, it is Perfect!



2 comments:

Toni Keltner said...

I LOVE our homemade blankets!

AngieDSimplyMe said...

This blanket is absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing about it. Your aunt is a talented knitter/crocheter