So, we played the baby name game for baby #6 nearly 19 weeks since the ultrasound revealed baby boy parts. After searching through literally thousands of names from the Bible, Strong's concordance, various baby naming websites, etymology websites, the thesaurus, and dictionaries...in several different languages, I might add... THEN considering hundreds of names and vetoing the many other names on the list, we are finally down to THE ONE....or well...THE TWO...
Announcing: Wyatt Foster Johnson
Wyatt made a name "ideas" list a while back...I remember bringing it up one after sorting through hundreds of names on www.nymbler.com, where the program brings up suggested names that you "heart" or "Null" to make a favorites list. I ended up with a list of names to check the meanings on....anything that wasn't negative and I still liked...I decided to try out on Eric. That evening, Eric was hanging out in the garage with his best buddy Rob....I remember Eric perked up and it stood out to him right off but I just wasn't sure...we didn't even think about it much and it took a back burner, but was left on the "Eric likes" list....not sure Daddy was even aware of all my lists, and I had several of them...here is the shortest list, and most liked names..
Mama's list
Cruce
Cash
Creed
Ace
Ramsey
Gentry
Foster
Eli (middle name only)
Eric (middle name only)
Daddy's List
Roman
Titus
Given
Lane
Lock(e)
Well just this week, Eric brought it up again and decided that he really likes the name Wyatt and for him it's his "official" first choice pick. I still had that I like it, but a bit apprehensive towards it feeling. Meanings are a key element for me, especially for this baby for some reason. So, I looked up the meaning once more....
WYATT
From an English surname which was derived from the medieval given name Wyot, itself derived from an Old English name composed of the elements wig "war" and heard "brave, hardy". Wyatt Earp (1848-1929) was an American lawman and gunfighter involved in the famous shootout at the OK CorralEric loves strong names and this one qualifies in both meaning and how the name sounds to the ear. It's Old English like Clayt's name as well, and I liked that connection.
So, I moved on to thinking about the middle name and what would work with Wyatt. I had 2 choices that stood out strongly...Eli and Foster. I actually presented Foster Eli as a choice to Eric a while back as well...he didn't get as excited about it and after a little while I found that I didn't quite LOVE it either...
Back to the middle name game....Eli was a strong choice right from the beginning. I made a little heart connection with a baby in the nursery. As much as I was hoping for a little girl, holding that sweet little new guy....Elijah "Eli" Huntsinger, turned my heart and made me think for the first time..."Maybe another little boy would be just as sweet". Of course I knew it in my head, but it was nice to feel my heart take notice. I felt like it was God's way of preparing me for this special boy, and I thought giving our boy Eli as a middle name would be a way to remember how God always prepares us for things to come. It was also a Hebrew biblical name like Corban and Clayt have.
So the other top runner was Foster and here is the story behind where it came from. I was at a Wednesday evening service at church the service was opened with "cast your cares upon the Lord". It wasn't a usual way to start a service and it caught my attention. I felt that I should write down the top 3 cares on my mind...and naming this baby was Numero Uno! I sat through the service and it seemed that Pastor Bill kept using the word Foster over and over and it caught my attention. I made sure to look up the meaning when I got home because I felt it had potential for a name. Surely enough, I started checking out the meaning through several sources and liked what I found. I'd had it on my heart to name this baby something that meant...loved, cherished, gift or reward to remind me that our baby was chosen just for us by God.
Foster in the English dictionary showed just that...
–verb (used with object)
1.
to promote the growth or development of; further.
2.
to bring up, raise, or rear
3.
to care for or cherish.
Next I looked it up at my favorite name etymology site www.behindthename.com
Erica says....Hallelujah we have a name! Can't wait to meet Wyatt Foster Johnson in mid-December!
Eric says......We've chosen a name for our new boy finally!!!!! Ready?? Wyatt Foster!!!!!
4.
(Noun) a male given name.
Next I looked it up at my favorite name etymology site www.behindthename.com
FOSTER
From an English surname which has several different origins. It could have originally been given to a person who was a foster-child or foster-parent. It can also be derived from Middle English occupational words referring to a forester, scissor maker, or woodworker.
Woodworker just like Daddy, now that caught my attention too!
The more I played putting the names together, the more I started feeling that Wyatt Foster had lots of potential. So finally, I did one last check on the initials. I couldn't imagine WFJ having anything negative or positive that would pose a problem, but its just something I had to check and what I found helped solidify my choice...I simply Googled "WFJ" and there were a couple entries listed at a Acronym dictionary...bet you can figure which one stood out!
So, after mulling it over for a little bit longer to make sure I wasn't making a knee-jerk reaction, I decided to talk to Eric about it. So after the babies were put to bed... I let Eric know, that I agreed, Wyatt Foster will make a great name for our little boy. Emotions flooded and tears welled up in me and Eric laid back on the bed grinning ear to ear ready to shout it from the roof top! He couldn't wait to start making phone calls and updates, but the first to hear the news were big brothers and sister! We teased them a little and told them we'd decided on Rueger...next I asked them how about Fric? Dad saved the baby and finally announced their newest brother's real name, Wyatt Foster...The kids were as excited as us to finally have a name for our baby! Next, Daddy made the call to Grandpa to share the news and then we let our whole world know on facebook....simultaneously of course!Woodworker just like Daddy, now that caught my attention too!
The more I played putting the names together, the more I started feeling that Wyatt Foster had lots of potential. So finally, I did one last check on the initials. I couldn't imagine WFJ having anything negative or positive that would pose a problem, but its just something I had to check and what I found helped solidify my choice...I simply Googled "WFJ" and there were a couple entries listed at a Acronym dictionary...bet you can figure which one stood out!
| Acronym | Definition |
|---|---|
| WFJ | Wagner, Falconer & Judd, Ltd. (law firm; Minnesota and Wisconsin) |
| WFJ | Welded Field Joint |
| WFJ | Working for Jesus (Christianity) |
Erica says....Hallelujah we have a name! Can't wait to meet Wyatt Foster Johnson in mid-December!
Eric says......We've chosen a name for our new boy finally!!!!! Ready?? Wyatt Foster!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment