Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Super Dad!


Eric has been busy as a bee always working hard, and learning new things. He can fix anything if he has a little time to think about it and it is such a blessing!

He's had the opportunity do get lots of practice doing drywall...with all patching from various mishaps around the house. I'll never forget hearing a sound somewhat like a cat falling out of a very tall tree...and the kids respond...Did dad fall through the attic agaaaaaaaain??? I told them to hush and of course not, and went to check. Sure enough, there he was hanging from the rafters!  Anyway, my point...his drywall skills are impressive and the walls look better than new when he's finished patching!

He's great with all my design ideas...and believe me I have come up with some doozies! I just say the word and a little while later he's got it all figured out and built. He made several dove Christmas ornaments as gifts this season, I tied them up with some left over ribbon from our wedding bouquet.  The kids came home to a new shoe rack yesterday. Last week he finished building a bookcase for his sister and is super excited to begin designing a dresser for his newest niece...due to arrive in April.

He absolutely loves building and creating things, so much so, that he's decided to begin working towards his own woodworking business. I'm very excited about the journey we are starting and can't wait to see the dream come to fruition. He has some awesome ideas and ministry goals in mind once it is all up and running. I can't wait to have him "on-site" though I admit it will take some adjustment to our routine!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

He is so gifted! Love the dove!