Once we got started Corban got the hang of opening presents this year, His birthday is coming up in a month and it should be lots of fun!
We'll after talking to grandma about presents and stuff this year..... ya know the talk I've been having with her every year for the last 3 years or so....how we don't have a whole lot of room for the stuff we have, and I have no idea what to do with a lot of extra things. Since we have 5 kids that even if each child only gets 3 things that's 15 new things...and we do have 8 families that buy them things....which all in all is a lot...A TON of stuff to play with.
So, Grandma made plans this year with all of the adults to exchange calendar's with a few activities written in so we can spend some special times together throughout the year. I thought it was an amazing idea, and we're moving in the right direction away from all this materialism. I was expecting a nice simple Christmas that's not too over done....boy was I wrong! The presents were still stacked to toppling over! I'm thinking maybe she just rearranged the budget to spend it all on the grandkids! GRANDMA!
So, you know how she was sneaky about getting that cool Nintendo DS for Parker's birthday...we'll whoops, she did it again...and now they have multiplied x3....now with games and all the gear a kid could possibly need. Libby also got a "big girl" 20" bike from Aunt Sara and Gramps and GG (grandma pitched in a little too) The boys got a really cool snap circuits set, which we can use to learn basic electricity for School....that was from Aunt Debbie...and grandma as well. We got Candy bags, and wardrobe fillers for the boys (shoes, shirts, pants) and then a few miscellaneous fun toys they were looking forward to, a cash register for Libby, Nerf Tag, Magnetic toys, Aqua Pack (for turning your digital camera into an underwater camera), puzzles and games....Who needs Santa! We went to Aunt Debbie's for breakfast, The Johnson's for lunch. Jeff picked up the big kids around 4:00 and we headed back to Aunt Sara's for Dinner....then finally back home to crash into bed! Whew, Christmas is a lot of work!



No comments:
Post a Comment