Friday, May 22, 2009

weeks flown by


I took this picture on Clayt's 3 week "birthday" I just love his little expression, his big baby belly and even how his hair is sticking up...just makes me smile everytime I look at it. What a cutie!

He's a strong fella and noisy! He loves to grab Mama's (or Sister's) hair and sometimes it is nearly impossible to get out of his grip! He's a tummy sleeper and has been since day 2 (I think I held him all of the first day! :) If I don't make sure to have his arms pulled out from under him when I lay him down, I find him rolled over on his back...he's done it several times already so no fluke, but he is mad and screaming. He hates being on his back. He doesn't even like his carseat, swing or anything he is on his back in. Although I have noticed that he's getting a little bit better with that and I can get away with it on occasion. He likes to be held close and up on our chest and he seems to prefer his Mama. He grunts all day long and when he starts to cry, there's no fussin about it, he lets go 100% volume hollering and turning himself all red. Daddy has half-heartlily been trying to nick-name him lumpy-grunt...but I refuse to have a demoralizing nick-name for our sweet baby, but I admit it's kinda funny. We tend to call him all the usual ones....Clatyboy, sweetie-boy (which is what we still call Corban). I call him Sugar Bear on occasion, but nothing has really seem to stick for an original nick-name for him. He's also a little hot box...that boy is always sweaty and it isn't even hot out yet! He even got a heat rash after his first bath! I try to keep him in just a t-shirt and diaper because skin to skin contact just seems to make him more sweaty. It doesn't help at night that I seem to be having major night sweats...I wake up drenched even when he's not cuddled up with me. He sleeps in the pack-N-play about 2/3rds of the night. I usually end up with him in bed with me for one feeding cycle each night, and daddy has been great about helping with the middle of the night diaper change....I have to wake him up and ask cause otherwise Daddy is sleeping through the night and all the crying. At least one of us is getting good sleep!

Clayt weighed 11lbs 1oz on Wednesday when we had him weighed while at the Doctor's office. He's gained 2lbs and 10 ounces since the day after he was born! (his weight dropped to 8lb7oz). Sounds like he's getting plenty to eat! Breastfeeding is going great, he's a pro. We went in at Day 15 to get his circumcision, but ended up only getting a vitamin K shot because when they numbed him up for the procedure he bled more that the Doctor felt comfortable with. So, we rescheduled for the next week...Day 22.

Besides an expression or two he's completely opposite of his big brother Corban! Almost everyone who looks at him agrees that he favors his daddy's looks very much. His eylashes are pretty light colored, so we suspect his hair will end up lighter in color in the next few months and it looks promising that he will keep his baby blues; his eyes are such a pretty color.



1 comment:

Cassie said...

Wow, he does look alot like da-da!
He is so hansome...gotta love the gut!