For the third consecutive year in a row we will be adding a new addition to our family! It worked out that we have had a baby born each year: Jan 2008, April 2009 and our newest addition due mid December 2010. Even though the babies will still be rather close in age, it feels like its been a while since I was pregnant last. Clayt is still nursing and I plan to continue until he's ready to wean. My cycles were a little different this time around. They did not start back up as early and then when I have had them they have been 5- 15 days longer than normal. I wasn't really sure what was going on, so we tested weekly after day 28 until my period would show up. We kinda got into the routine of just "ruling out" pregnancy with the tests rather than being super hopeful each time. So this last test taking time...I saw Eric do a double take just after he'd dropped in the sample...and heard a WOW...the unbelief sort of Wow, if you know what I mean. The test line showed up at the same time as the control line and was darker than the control, no waiting and no doubts about it! It took us both a little by surprise, but it is the best surprise EVER!
We got a little more technical with telling the kids this time around and had them do a little "science" experiment. We had to go over the details really quick since Aunt Sara was on her way up to the door and we wanted the kids to find out first. So I quickly explained that the test was checking the fluid for a certain hormone. We talked about what the control line and the test line meant and that is why there was a C and a T printed on the tester. Parker dropped 5 drops into the "well" and seconds later both lines showed up. I asked them what they thought it meant. Libby started grinning and jumping up and down, Perry, started nodding his head and said "I know what that means" in a grown up understanding tone....Parker...we'll he didn't have a clue, lol, so Libby said, we're having a baby! Just as all this was going on Sara walked through the door and peeked on the table and figured out the news on her own ;)
We made a few phone calls and then updated everyone else on Facebook, I'd been waiting ALL DAY to break the news! We've had such a positive and encouraging response, which is nice to hear!
Erica says: there's gonna be another Johnson around December 2010....hopefully a female version!
Eric says: Whelp, Shwew! Looks like the Johnson's are taking over the world, ERICA'S PREGNANT AGAIN!
1 comment:
I knew it was about that time again..lol. I'm happy for you, and hopeful it will be a Johnson..ette!
Post a Comment